These past few months I have been obsessed with chalkboard decor and crafts. Chalk possibilities are endless and you can turn something simple like a wine bottle into something so pretty and chic.
I got inspired by this chalkboard wine bottle when I visited Michaels and they had their Make Market items on display.
This wine bottle vase is perfect for table accents, a rustic centrepiece and even wedding decor. You can even making one as a housewarming gift.
To make your own vase, just follow my steps!
Make Market Chalkboard Wine Bottle (Or you can paint an empty wine bottle with black chalkboard paint.)
Martha Stewart Crafts Scrolls Adhesive Stencils
Martha Stewart Crafts Multi-Surface Chalkboard Paint – Green
1. Start off by figuring out where you want to place your stencils. (I love these adhesive stencils because they’re reusable and easy to apply and peel off.)
2. Place stencils on the bottle. Make sure you smooth out the stencils so that there are no air bubbles. I did the top stencil first and then waited for it to dry before I applied the stencil right below as I didn’t want too much space between the stencil decor.
3. Apply paint to the stencil using your sponge brush. The best way to apply the paint is by dabbing it on with the sponge.
4. Once you finish painting the stencil on, wait for one minute and peel the stencil off gently.
5. Continue stencilling the vase to your liking.
6. Once done, wait for the paint to completely dry.
7. Once dry, you are now ready to use your new vase!
Kraft tip: Wash the stencils with warm water and dish soap right away before the paint dries on them. Leave to dry. Once dry, you can reuse them again.
Hope you all enjoyed this tutorial! Let me know in comments what you think.
For easy pinning, I created the image below featuring all the steps!