If you have been following my blog recently, you may have realized I have a plaid obsession. If you missed my must-have plaid scarves post, you can check it out here.
I decided to do a plaid nail art tutorial using these awesome nail art pens from Sally Hansen. They are available in Round and Fine tip (I am using the Fine tip ones for this tutorial).
The pens are a water-based formula which wipe off easily and they seal with a top coat.
So, follow my easy instructions to create plaid nails and I apologize in advance for my chipped nail on my middle finger (it broke the day before and now I have to wait for it to grow out).
Revlon Colorstay in Velvet Rope
Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Pen in White
Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art Pen in Black
*To shop the products I used, click the bolded name of the product*
1. First, paint your nails a base color. I used Revlon’s Colorstay in Velvet Rope. Now, make sure your nails completely dry. I actually painted my nails the night before doing this tutorial.
2. Next, take Sally Hansen’s I Heart Nail Art Pen in white and draw three lines as pictured.
3. Now, outline the white lines with the black nail art pen.
4. Lastly, draw two more lines, one vertical and one horizontal on the other side of your nail, as pictured.
5. Once, the colours are completely dry, just apply top coat.
Let me know in comments, if you enjoyed my plaid nail design tutorial! Don’t forget to share.