Happy New Year, everyone! Hope you all had an amazing holiday. I kicked off the new year by setting up these gorgeous tall centerpieces for a winter wedding. The wedding color scheme was silver and blush pink so I created a tall centerpiece with rhinestone trim that featured full bloom white hydrangeas and silver branches. I wanted to keep the look very simple and elegant with a touch of sparkle.
What I love about this centerpiece is that it works all year round, you can customize it to your liking by filling it in with different colour branches or different flowers. What I also love about these centerpieces is that they’re great statement pieces. You can also add some tea light candles around the centerpiece to create a beautiful ambiance.
24″ Cylinder Vase With 4″ Opening
Rhinestone Mesh Trim (10 yards, 24 rows)
UGlu Dashes (adhesives for the trim)
2 Thin Silver Branches
3 Full Bloom White Hydrangeas
1. Make sure your vase is clean and dry. Clean the surface with rubbing alcohol for optimal adhesion.
2. Measure rhinestone mesh trim around the vase to see how much you will need to cover the vase. Note: This rhinestone mesh has 24 rows, I cut two rows off to shorten it.
3. Cut your trim to the appropriate length. Next, place the adhesives on the mesh trim, I placed three squares down and 4-5 squares across all three rows.
4. With your adhesives in place, carefully place your trim on the vase. Make sure the ends meet so that the seam looks flawless.
5. Now that your rhinestone is in place, your vase is ready to be filled. Fill the vase with water, put two silver branches in the vase.
6. Lastly, cut stems off of the hydrangeas (make sure stems cannot be seen below the rhinestone trim) and put them in the vase. The branches should be in the middle with the hydrangeas surrounding them.
If you’re in the Toronto area and you’re interested in booking an appointment with me for floral design and/or event decor, please fill out the contact form.